My 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter like to play booty please help
You were not overreacting. Given the same circumstances, I would've freaked out too. I think that no parent is ready to talk about sex with their children at such an early age. However consider yourself blessed that you were made aware of their behaviour at an early stage. Here is my opinion:
1. Look up "booty game " in urban dictionary.
2. Find out how and from whom have your kids learned the expression and keep them away from these kids. It is hard for me to believe that the "game" was invented by your little boy. He must have seen it somewhere, TV/media, other kids or adults. So you might need to do some more serious digging. When did the behaviour started? Before you moved? After you moved?
3. Find out what they really know about sex, porn, etc so you know how much in the details you can go. Make them talk without putting words in their mouths. I would talk with your 6 y.o. first separate from your 4 y.o.Ask them why are they in such a hurry to grow up?
4. Maybe you can tell them that if they love each other they should not only respect their sexual differences but protect one another from inappropriate touching. Private parts are private parts. If they are curious and have questions they should come to you, right? Where else could they go? Maybe you can explain them about incest and what is bad about it. I'm only giving you some options here. As I said before, first you need to find out how much they know, who started it, why, when, where, etc.
5. Don't let your kids out of your sight. Make an effort to go out with them; if you cannot go, tell them that you are busy and they cannot be outside without adult supervision for they are too young. (I would never let my kids out of my sight at that age. Nothing is more important than my kids, so they never had unsupervised play time). I know, we didn't grow up with constant adult supervision but pornography started to become a plague of our society maybe in 1980s and it is now that the effects of it are surfacing. Besides, everyone with access to a computer has practically unlimited access to pornography anytime, anywhere regardless of age.
6. Be the parent. If your kids try to be rebellious make them switch places with you for a day; see how that pans out for them! LOL.(you get to sit on the chair and watch TV for few hours - watch something they are not interested in and dont forget to ask to be waited on hand and foot every 5 min or so). It worked with my kids.LOL (they only lasted as "parents" for 1 hour or so until they got hungry). You can explain that adulthood comes with lots of responsibilities and that they are too young and inexperienced to trouble their minds with. Help them understand that they are kids and they should let nobody take their innocence away from them.
7. Last but not least, educate yourself about sex and porn. Here are some videos for you to help educate yourself in order to help your children.
Good bless you!
PS: the genital organs are called "private parts" because they are private. No touchy!
PPS: if nothing you do works, try to seek professional help before they take the "game" to a different level. Read More At : ...